Sunroof problem

Guest andacb

Guest andacb

Hi,

I have a 92 Pathfinder 2.4lt 4 cyl. 2 Dr, 4Wd and I have problems with my sunroof. The person who used my pathy before has selaed the sunroof with some kind of a glass glue. I think he has lived some kind of water dropping problem from the sunroof. Now, because I love sunroof's, I cut the glue of and made the sunroof "open-able", but now I wonder if I can live the same problem with water and the rain and I need to know how the original sunroof was. I need to see where the weather-strips are and how they are put into the sunroof..

Can anyone send me some pictures of their sunroofs as seen from the roof top and from inside, so I can fix my sunroof? It seem to me that there is 1-2cm space between the sunroof glass and the covering roof part, or are there some strips missing there?

haha.. Could I tell my problem? :) I need some original pictures and thank you for all your help..

Andac

If you have a genuine Nissan factory fitted sunroof, it should have two rubber strips. One is a flat strip moulded to the edge of the glass and seals against the outer roof. this is only a dust seal.

The second seal is more like a car door seal facing up on the metal rim of the inner roof. It seals up under the sunroof glass. Any water that leaks past the outer seal should end up in the gutter around the sunroof and drain down plastic tubes inside the roof and down the front "A" pillar.

See this link for Pathfinder partnumbers

http://wd21forums.damagedreality.com/phpbb...topic.php?t=416

Edited by geordie4x4

Guest andacb
If you have a genuine Nissan factory fitted sunroof, it should have two rubber strips. One is a flat strip moulded to the edge of the glass and seals against the outer roof. this is only a dust seal.

The second seal is more like a car door seal facing up on the metal rim of the inner roof. It seals up under the sunroof glass. Any water that leaks past the outer seal should end up in the gutter around the sunroof and drain down plastic tubes inside the roof and down the front "A" pillar.

See this link for Pathfinder partnumbers

http://wd21forums.damagedreality.com/phpbb...topic.php?t=416

Wow,

That was the help I was looking for. Thanks a lot. The next thing is to find this strip around the sunroof glass, because mine is missing.. :)

Any help about that? :)

Andac

Guest andacb
probably not so rare in instanbul turkey. ;)

Actually also in Istanbul I've never seen a pathfinder looking like this one of mine. But I also checked with Nissan's Part catalog and looked up the VIN and it comes out that it is really a 92 Pathfinder..

Auto Recyclers Of Baton Rouge

13869 Florida Blvd

Baton Rouge, LA 70819

(225) 272-5745

Also Known As:

AUTOMOTIVE IMPORTS INC OF BATON ROUGE^

I could not find an e-mail address for these guys, but there is a 89' 2-door with sunroof in tack. The outside gasket has buckled from UV exposure. Friday I will stop after work and see if they ship international and have e-mail. He sold me the lights and sliders for $100 USD. If shipping could cost could be at minimum He might pull the whole assembly and ship for $100 + shipping cost. WAVEY

post-6-1143591973.jpg