pullin out the torsion bars

Maz

I couldn't get the tensioner off the bar so i found it was a lot easier to just loosen the front bolts on the lower control arm and slide the T-bar back and rotate it. But some folks have done the other way too.

Be sure to mark the bar though so you rotate each bar the same amount. Good luck. :aok:

I re-indexed about 4 weeks ago. I just removed the c-clip, loosened the adjuster, held the bar with one hand and with the other hand I tapped on the adjuster slightly with a hammer until the adjuster slid off of the bar. It may not look like it, but there is enough room for the adjusters to move back toward the rear of the vehicle inside of the crossmember enough to allow the bars to come out. I think the secret is to make sure that the adjusters are fully loosened so there is no load against them.

Edited by mrnissan

Well I had mine right for the lift I put in but couldn't get them out of the crossmember were the adjuster end is. So I had to remove that crossmember and install the front into their respective holes and then bolt in the crossmember and then finally tighten up the torsions

I couldn't get the tensioner off the bar so i found it was a lot easier to just loosen the front bolts on the lower control arm and slide the T-bar back and rotate it. But some folks have done the other way too.

thats what i did i beat the ever living crap out of my T-bars to get them out of the crossmember and it never moved so i gave in and used the front