exhaust or headers?

cooturtle

Hi all, I have a 94' 4door Pathfinder with an automatic, I,m seriously considering either a set of headers or a catback system. My question is, which one for now is better to get, and will the Thorley headers fit an auto. I did a little research and all they seem to have are for 5 speeds. Any responds will be greatly appreciated.

yes the thorleys have been fitted to autos with no problems.. and i would go with the headers first.. solves the breaking manifold stud issue and adds some pony power to your pathy as well as a nice sound.

if you haven't already.. i suggest the FIRST thing you get is a after market tranny cooler for your autotragic....

oh.. and welcome! WAVEY:beer:

I second the headers option, although you'll need to open up the exhaust to get everything they can give. Save up enough to get a new high flow cat, a Flowmaster muffler and someone to bend up a tailpipe for you as well, While you're at it, increase the diameter to 2.5". It'll increase your power a bit and sound better too. You'll love it.

Thanks slick, but I already gotten that out of the way. I was wondering about the Pacesetter headers. I notice theyre alot cheaper, but I also notice that most in the forum have Thorleys. Unfortunately cash flow is a definite issue.

Thanks guys, you guys are fast, I didnt expect responses this quick. Anyways, Ill prob have to rethink about Pacesetters and save for Thorleys. I'll def get them put on by someone and dont want to be jack up for more labors. Hell may Ill just settle for a cat back.

Thanks guys, you guys are fast, I didnt expect responses this quick. Anyways, Ill prob have to rethink about Pacesetters and save for Thorleys. I'll def get them put on by someone and dont want to be jack up for more labors. Hell may Ill just settle for a cat back.

aww... c'mon.. you can put them on yourself. wasy nuff, specially if you get teh thorleys (i have the chrome nickle plated ones) i got them for $338 from summit.... easy nuff to put on.. just take some time n patience but not a major humdinger to do. save yerself serious $$$ doing it yourself. :aok:

Guest 95pathfinderSE

anyone have experience with the pacesetters? i found them for 150 + shipping online. Any idea of the installation fee if taken to a mechanic?