information on 2000 5 speed pathfinder

Guest iz slick

Guest iz slick

new to the forum. i am lookin for info on the 2000 stick pathfinders. dose it have any problems because i am interested in purchasing one this week. it has 73k miles clutch feels good and pulls very nice its very clean no leather and it is an SE.

so i would appreciate any heads up from you guys if you think this is not a rite truck in stick form because i dont know much about those motors and transmission. tank you.

Welcome to the board... I have an auto - but there are a couple guys here with the manual transmission - and I havent heard too many troubles from them... I'm sure they will chime in!

I have a much older '87 5speed. I prefer older cars to have a stick they seem to last longer with less upkeep. You said truck is clean usually sign of well maintained. As long as no signs of extreme abuse you should be good to go. Pathys are tough.

Exact model I have. Haven't had any major problems, and has been reliable as hell so far. The only thing to think about is service that will be coming up fairly soon, like the timing belt around 90k. My clutch is finally starting to go out with 111k on the clock.

Guest iz slick

thanks guys for all the input.. i am lookin into the truck. hopefully all goes well and i wont have any troubles with it.

update more to come.

Hehe, I have one too. Every day I'm not sure if I should have gotten a manual or an automatic. I'm a VW and BMW guy, and if it were a BMW M3 I would only get a manual, but in a heavy and slow truck like a Pathfinder I just don't know.

But I love my manual because even though the VG33E is an iron lump it's still a lot more fun to drive than an auto. The shifter is too tall and a little sloppy. Also notchy too.

My original clutch went out at just over 100k miles. $350 for all new OEM parts and I was set. Replaceement is a little difficult because the transfer case had to be removed. I just paid a shop to do it.

But in the end, I love it when people get in my Pathfinder and can't believe it's a manual. Nobody knows they made these things in stick. Girls love it! B)

Exact model I have. Haven't had any major problems, and has been reliable as hell so far. The only thing to think about is service that will be coming up fairly soon, like the timing belt around 90k. My clutch is finally starting to go out with 111k on the clock.

Timing belt interval is 105k.

Timing belt interval is 105k.

I replaced mine right when I got it around 95k miles. I did it early because I had the money and didn't want to take a chance, being that it's an interference engine and the way I drive. B)

Vengeful is right, 105k is the interval.