K&N AIR FILTER RU-2520

jaca

Trying to find this K&N filter but have problem finding it in part stores,by numer

RU-2520 .Maby in Canada they use different part no.

If somebody who has it ,and remembers opening diameter and lenght and could provide those i would appreciate.

THNKS

I ment K&N RU2520 from Jim's project something you use insead box (cone).

In store thay dont have it under this number ,keep asking for aplication!!!???

does anybody know?

does anybody know?

I had the same issue, but never took the time to take my own measurements and compare, and probably won't till I get serious about doing the swap. :shrug:

does anybody know?

i think DSM guy did a write up somewhere about his swap.. check all topics with the search function under his name, or send him a pm :aok:

I just put in a new cone filter....It is not the K&N one just some cheaper knockoff brand....Called PowerAdder....It cost over half what hte K&N does and I figured minus the K&N reputation they were nearly comprable....

PowerAdder

I am very impressed with the results of the filter....The accelerater is alot more responsive....Now if only that obnoxious ticking coming from the manifold was gone it'd sound sweet...haha....

post-6-1141784182.jpg

Edited by nmccorkell1384

OK, went to PepBoys yesterday and they have a new line of intake parts there, basically a build your own kinda thing. It's "Specter" brand (couldn't find them online) and they sell parts and pieces like MAF adapters(with interchangeable mount plates for various types) a Vacuum adapter section (a very needed piece for our intakes), straight and elbow pieces, rubber reducers and transitions, cone filter adapters, cone filters, and various other bits.

I might have to build one, be the Pathy guinee pig :shrug:

Make sure the MAF adapter has an offset/recessed intake for the sensor. The first one I bought on ebay was a complete circle on the inside and blocked airflow to the sensor just a little bit. My truck wouldn't run with it on. Took me forever to figure out what was stalling it.

Whats a vacuum adapter?

I bought mine at PepBoys. They had the same type of plates and all. I bought one thinking it would work perfect. Bought the goods, put the bag in the bed of my buddy's truck and drove home to install it. Turns out the way the screws on the plate were it wouldn't line up correctly. No big deal I knew when I bought the plate if it didn't fit I would just return it. What I didn't know is that the receipt would blow out of the bag in the back of the pickup. Now I'm stuck with an eight dollar plastic plate. The morale of the story, but the purchase receipt in your wallet. :D

Whats a vacuum adapter?

It's a piece of intake tube with plugged holes in it, remove the plugs and plumb the vacuum lines in :aok:

One issue with our intake tube it has 1; 1/8" vac line, and 2 other 3/8" lines running into it. Most aftermarket "one tube fits all applications" type things have just one line plumbed. Or going from a plain tube, you would have to put 3 connections/ holes into it somehow.