THANK YOU SLICK, another Q?

jaca

Thanks again for your info.

Regarding changing air filter for K&N filter you had in mind just filter itself or changing

for whole new box,new pipe? Just wondering .talking abot sensors are they not working

OK till they send wrong input to ECU then we know need to be chenged.(did not

mean to sound like smart ass ,just learnig).

My 95'XE manual 5 speed, never had a problem with any noises or braking manifold

studs and I had it since she turn 60.000km. (now has almost 200.000km)

Was manufactured in AUG 95',does it mean they changed something in the end of

production or still yet to come .Im trying to find some thing to work on ,feel bad

just keeps running even cluch is still good, but i know this wil be project soon.,

How much $$$$ should i get ready for cluch job.I like working on my truck but this will be too much to do it myslef. Thanks again for all help !!!!

Unless you go custom, there are 2 options on the intake; keep the box and get a K&N (or other oiled element), or get a cone filter adapter and get rid of the air box. If you plan to offroad in mud or water I'd suggest option one, if not option 2 will give you a little more throttle repsonce.

I think your studs are probably after they realized the issues and started using better ones (which I think was mid-year 94 on).

As for clutch, dunno, I have 2 autos ;)

as for the clutch, i paid $178 for my clutch from Kragens, and that included the throw out bearing. I was lucky that i had my motor out a year ago as well when i did my clutch so it was pretty simple. remember to have yur flywheel resurfaced as it will help make the new clutch last longer. that cost me $35 and was well worth it.

here's the p/n for the clutch kit i got: PA 6128656 (MU476951) :aok:

if you have sensors not working, your pathy will act up and/or you can run the ecu codes to find out which sensor it is. each sensor has a specific job to do.

As GG said.. if you plan on wheelin/gettin er wet off road.. stick to the "replacement" K&N filter.. it just fits right in your existing air filter box with no mods needed. i have had mine for 2 years and it does help. i got my filter for $51 (welcome to CA) :angry: the open cone filters GG was talking about cost around $100 with all the adapters n stuff to do the swap, there are some mods needed to go that route, so, depending on your skill level (it's a pretty straightforward job) and time, and what you will be using your pathy for, is what filter you will ultimately choose. ;)

and, no need to thank just me, i learned most of what i know about pathys from all these guys, and the rest from hands on. you should thank them all. there is an abundance of knowledge here, and much to be learned. i just sometimes get to the answers before anyone else does.. lol... i am not head poho for nothing sly

Edited by Slick

You can buy the cone at any Auto Parts Store for around $40.

Here is the link for the install:

K & N Filter Installation

Yeah, Jim's way eliminated swapping out the box for an adapter plate. He just used the stiffiner out of the box and threw hose around it as a gasket. I still want to do that with my 93 since half the box's clips have broke.

Yeah, Jim's way eliminated swapping out the box for an adapter plate. He just used the stiffiner out of the box and threw hose around it as a gasket. I still want to do that with my 93 since half the box's clips have broke.

yeah, my box is mostly anhiliated anyway.. cracks or breaks everywhere... i need to check out jims write up sly