Picked HPD44 today!

Filthy Luker

So I picked up this little puppy today, paid $75CDN. It came with the carrier, gears, outer spindles, hubs, brakes (drums LOL) and steering system (not pictured)... It's a high pinion D44 off a Ford truck.

Now to get this thing sandblasted, rip out the tubes, put new ones on... and in about $2000 I may just have myself a nice front axle to replace the POS that Nissan calls IFS. :(

IMG_7687.JPG

IMG_7688.JPG

IMG_7691.JPG

Bonus pics of the gears and the open carrier (which will be ripped out and replaced by better things. sssh

IMG_7692.JPG

IMG_7694.JPG

IMG_7696.JPG

Edited by Filthy Luker

Ryan is AK9849cy right?

It may end up looking similar but with some differences. This is a high pinion axle but it's way too wide so I will have to narrow it down to use with my H233B in the back.

I already have a Waggy D44 spoken for me, so I may use the outers and halfshafts from that axle, or I may just use the halfshafts (until I can drop the cash for chromolly ones) and get Chevy outers with high steer. So many possibilites, so many different ways of doing it. I'm gonna take it one step at a time.

My truck is a 1992 BTW.

Ryan is AK9849cy right?

It may end up looking similar but with some differences. This is a high pinion axle but it's way too wide so I will have to narrow it down to use with my H233B in the back.

I already have a Waggy D44 spoken for me, so I may use the outers and halfshafts from that axle, or I may just use the halfshafts (until I can drop the cash for chromolly ones) and get Chevy outers with high steer. So many possibilites, so many different ways of doing it. I'm gonna take it one step at a time.

My truck is a 1992 BTW.

yeah Ryan is AK9849cy

and yeah, i cant wait to see her when shes done :aok::aok::aok:

i was out in the jy today and found 3 waggys, only one had its front axle and it had no motor sssh P...

That's a great price and find Luker.

"So many possibilities" - Lol, I know what you mean. I collected multiple parts for a year and now they are spread out between 3 Sas'd Pathys. Radius arms over there, Coil buckets over there...

Awesome... you are going to be on a solid axle in no time!!

LOL, here is the 44/60 mix. 35 spline shafts all the way.... ARB and Detroit make a 35 spline locker for the 44. :bow: :bow: :bow:

131_0406_spl_01_z.jpg

131_0406_spl_09_z.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy