New CD/Receiver Head Unit for '01 Path w/Bose

tkpath

I can do without the flashing display lights and pictures .. dimming capability would be nice as would easy Ipod hookup. Ability to turn off the funny display pictures/graphics would be nice as well (Alpine seems to have that option).

I do NOT plan to install new speakers or amps or whatever. Will just buy harness adapter from Crutch.

What have you seen, installed or liked ....?

Time for Bose (whatever it is) cassette/radio head unit and CD changer to go.

Thanks.

the cheapest alpine ipod ready deck that i have seen is the CDE-9852. all sirius-ready kenwoods, and XM-radio-ready Pioneers are ipod-ready. all of these "ipod-ready" decks do require the ipod interface device, which will be hidden behind the dash and plugs into the xm-radio/sirius-radio/cd changer port in the back of the head unit. they generally cost around $100 US. This option allows you to use your deck to control your ipod while your ipod sits in the glove box or what not, and it also charges your ipod while it plays. Here is the ipod interface for Kenwood and here's the one for Pioneer

the other option is to get a deck with "aux in", ok sound, but won't charge your ipod.

i went with pioneer and it sounds great!

Edited by QuismO

Thanks for putting that in English, Q. It can get a little confusing for audio novices.

Couple of questions:

1. The Alpine 9856 says it's Ipos and Sat ready .. I take it then that puts it on par with the Pioneer and Kenwood decks that are Sirius or XM ready?

2. Does your Pioneer dim when you turn on your headlights or offer the option? If so, which model did you go with and is it hooked up to the stock Pathy speakers? I liked what I saw in the 4800MP from Pioneer.

Thanks

Oh, by the way .. what is that "Warn 0%" thing for near my login name?

Oh, by the way .. what is that "Warn 0%" thing for near my login name?

I'll answer this for you cuz I don't have a new head unit.....yet. The warn level at 0% is a good thing, you'll stay there as long as you follow these guidelines :aok:http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=389

Keep us posted on your CD player replacement :beer: