Calmini or Rancho?

giancarlo93

I have Calmini shocks, and they have failed me once. The "bolt eye" snapped off clean while off road one day. My shocks actually contact my Calmini control arms just a hair under full flex, which may have contributed to it breaking. Despite all the $h!t talk going around out there about Calmini I thought their customer service was really helpful. The rep sent a replacement shock immediately, it showed up in 3 days. They wanted to see the broken shock, so they sent me a UPS ARS label and I sent it back with a note explaining the issue with the control arm binding. They actually called me back when they got the broken piece. I've been on the phone with them 3 times since then and the people there have been nothing but friendly and professional. I'm sure some (GrimGreg need not respond) would say the breaking is a sign of an inferior product, but I feel like they are honestly trying to solve the issue and better their stuff. I'm not sure what the Rancho equivilant to the calmini shock is, but the Calmini shocks made a vast improvement over the Monroe shocks I was using before. Both in rear articulation and in dampening. The Monroes were a joke. I'm pretty surprised how well the Calminis strecth. My 2cents. In conclusion, I would go with them again.

Every company gets a few defective parts now and then. I wouldn't look at it as a sign that Calmini sells crappy parts. I've actually got a Rancho RS9000 in my garage that's locked up and won't move, even under the weight of the Pathy. I jacked it up and stuck the locked shock under my skidplate, the Pathy just balanced on it. o.o

We ARE talking about shock absorbers as opposed to lift kits here, aren't we? Giancarlo93 never said what he wanted info on.