lifting my rig

Guest 4X4pathhawg

Guest 4X4pathhawg

I was wondering if anybody knwos how i could put a three inch body lift on my 1990 Pathfinder...It is automatic transmission and all the lifts i have found say they don't work with automatic transmission...any suggestions?? thanks

Any body lift for your year Pathfinder will work. The auto transmission is shifted via cable and there's tons of room for the lift. Nothing at all to worry about. Mine's an automatic and I have a Trailmaster 3" bodylift.

Check here for more info on installing a body lift: http://www.damagedreality.com/tmaster.html

Alrighty, I was considering one for my 1993, but its a manual transmission, and I've heard bad things about the shifters not working once you lift the body. Any information on this, or does someone have an installation guide along these lines? Thanks. =)

Guest Looserforyou

Hey Why don't you use hockey poque to lift your path the juste cost less than 10$ and do the same job than a liftkit My friend do this on his mazda pick-up and it work verry good

Because you'd have to buy 20 hockey pucks to even start to make a 3" lift(5 body mounts per side, 2 pucks per mount for 3"), and you wouldn't get any of the relocation brackets or extension hoses or instructions that come with the kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of a good body lift kit for a '93 Pathfinder OTHER than the one AC sells? I checked with Trailmaster and Performance Accessories, but I guess their kits stop at the '90 year. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but if anyone knows of a good, high-quality kit for my era of Pathy...? =)

Truth is, AC retrofits those body lift kits so they'll fit a 90-up Pathy. All the kit needs is longer body mount bolts for the rear mounts, I think. That and the radiator brackets, I guess. I could be wrong, though. If you do a search on the AC forum I bet you'll find out what they do to make the kit fit.

Yep, that's pretty much it as far as I read... they just include different bolts I think... you have to buy the radiator kit separately, or so I understood. Still wary about the shifter problems though, do they cause issues with just the t-case shifter or the gearshift as well? I've got a manual tranny and I'm not sure if I want to screw with trying to lengthen the shifters, etc. etc... thanks in advance. =)

update: Not sure what this means, the description that AC has for the body lift says "transmission & transfer case extension". What's that mean?

And you're right, "Special grade 8 bolts added for 90-95 Pathfinder applications."

• 3 years later...

Statikuz: did you ever find out about what the shifter and t-case extensions were? I'm going to be doing that lift soon and hadn't noticed that until now and it makes me a little weary of doing it as well. Let me know if anyone's found out about that and how extensive it REALLY is.