Torsion Bars

govols74n

Just wondering....I tried to crank my t-bars this morning and it's like they are maxed out already, but theres still tons of room before the bumpstops "top out"....now as I was turning the damn adjuster bolt stripped "rounded off"....so I guess im needing new t-bars correct? If so are there any step by steps out there to accomplish this easier? I searched and nothing really covered this....also, what would an approximate cost for having new T-bars installed be?......any help would be greatly appreciated since you guys seem to know the answers to everything that I have questions about. Thanx. :angry:

post-1-1140828197.jpg

Edited by govols74n

Get new t-bar adjusting bolts and nuts and then reindex your torsion bars. They may still have some life left in them.

EDIT: why do you keep attaching unrelated images to every single one of your posts? :confused:

Edited by Filthy Luker

yeah I was hoping that I could just get new adjuster bolts, I'm gonna get new ones and then give it a whack from there. thanks guys, and yes I jacked it up....supposed to right? Alot of pressure if not I guess, I think the bolts had too much rust on them thats all...at least I hope.

i think u could grab some from a junkyard...or possibly the stealership...i actually just cranked mine today but it wasnt really a crank per say when i pulled them off for the motor swap i marked them and rotated back 1 spline (2 was way too much) i forgot earlier what it was but i think most people refer to that as reindexing them and then cranked them up so they were in the crossmember and it set the front of my truck back level...i think its easier to adjust the front splines than the 1's that go in the cross member

if u'd like depending on what year u're truck is i could snag some bolts from the junkyard here and ship'em out but it'd prob be the weekend B4 i had time to do it b/c my truck is still dead and im so busy between work and school during the week but if thats a thought just shoot me a PM

Edited by unccpathfinder

Sounds like a deal, but let me check my local jy first, I'll let you know, thanks. I don't think the bolts will be hard to find but you never know.

Edited by govols74n

• 2 weeks later...

Just got new t-bar adjuster bolts, finally because of the rounded off ones that I could no longer adjust.....my uca's are in the mail....jgc springs painted, waiting patiently in my garage...hopefully within the next week I will have a wee bit of lift on the pathy....we will see.

Edited by govols74n