Thorley Headers on 95 Automatic

Chupacabra

I just finished installing Thorley Headers on my 95 Pathfinder auto. Besides the two broken manifold studs I ran into no problems at all putting these babys on other than the fact that it's a B***H getting at all the nuts and bolts in there. It's a real tight fit for sure. Bring a lot of patience and work til your hands cramp up then take a break then go back at it. Took me three days give or take working about 3 hrs. a day to get them on. Besides getting new gaskets to replace the ones Thorley sends with the headers(I used the Napa #MS15363W they come with the header gaskets and the two tri-flange gaskets you'll need) the only thing extra I picked up was the Nissan gasket that sits between the cat and the Y-pipe(metal gasket) and a 2" band clamp for the slip on fitting. Sounds like a new ride...I never realized how loud the exhaust leak was before because it just slowly becomes part of owning a Pathy...but with these puppys on I can't believe I waited this long to get headers. I've read other posts on this site about noisy lifters etc. and I swear after doing this that it cut down on what I thought was noisy lifters in my engine. Sorry about the long post but in closing if you're thinking seriously about getting headers because of an exhaust leak don't hesitate...You'll be amazed and able to hear yourself think while you're tooling around town.

When you put them on, did you run into any problems attaching them to the rest to the stock exhaust? I am about to buy some Thorley headers and don't know it I can just buy them and put them on or if I have to replace everything all the way back. Thanks a lot.

Like Casey.T said, nice job on doing it yourself :)

The ERG fit with a very small adjustment just had to bend it slightly...hooking everything up to the stock exhaust was a snap...the hardest part was detaching the stock pipes from the system(soak everything with PB blaster for better results)

The hardest part of this job IMO was getting everything off the engine in preperation for the install. Once that was done everything just fell into place.

The crosspipe hangs a little less than an inch an a half lower than the crossmember...that was the only thing I wish would have been different with the install.

the first rock you hit will modify that with no other effort required from you ;):aok: