New Pictures

treywurst

wow...and i expected to see something more like

"thats the least crap home made snorkel i have seen"

from you v6. ;)

Your funny Justin.

I was not going to mention the lack of gap guards to conceal the body lift or the need for larger tyres to fill in the gap that the body lift made or that the sliders are sitting way too low now, and because of the formentioned, the Pathy looks like sh!t. I was just going pick out the best feature and stay positive. The fact is, it is the 2nd best looking home made snorkel I have seen (goerdie 4x4 is better). I did not say that it looked good, I think a different top hat might correct that. But there are lessons here for others to learn from. If you are going to do a cheapy snorkle, that is the way to do it. It does not offend the eye.

As for the BL without upsizing the tyres, I have been there and done that too. :( Get those 33's on asap. As usaual, I just call a spade a spade. Sometimes it get me in trouble though? :D

OH I know there is still plenty to do to it. But, gotta crawl before walking and it takes time and money. I don't have a write up but here are some pics of when I made the snorkel.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/treyscool1/a...cool1/my_photos

True, very true.

I have changed my mind about your snorkel too. I said geordies was better. His choice of material leaves you for dead but having looked at the last link, your install is cleaner, tidier, well better (in my opinion of course). Get rid of that ugly top hat though. :oops:

Thanks! I wasn't too concerned about the appearance when I made it, I was more concerned with usefulness. Last year I hydro locked a motor while going through a routine mudhole and vowed to never let that happen again. Cost me big time to replace the motor. That snorkle is just an insurance policy and it has put me at ease alot of times, I no longer worry about splashing around anywhere. Pics are here from when it was hydro locked, pathetic little puddle. Notice the truck was 100% stock then.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/treyscool1/d...5bf.jpg&.src=ph

Edited by treywurst

Your funny Justin.

I know Steve...I know :P

Then again you could be being sarcastic and I can't read it...

either/or, I will take it as a compliment. hehe.

(Gee I feel good this morning) :)

Whilst I think treywurst has done a pretty decent job I still prefer Geodies efforts. Mainly because I notice the snorkel appears to sit above the windscreen more than it does the A pillar and I reckon that would be a bastard for visibility.

Then of course I could have just looked at the wrong pics from the wrong angles and might be completely wrong.

I have seens Geordies in the flesh and the polished stainless steel looks mint.

But like you say treywurst...its a function thing. :)

Thanks!  I wasn't too concerned about the appearance when I made it, I was more concerned with usefulness.  Last year I hydro locked a motor while going through a routine mudhole and vowed to never let that happen again.  Cost me big time to replace the motor.  That snorkle is just an insurance policy and it has put me at ease alot of times, I no longer worry about splashing around anywhere.  Pics are here from when it was hydro locked, pathetic little puddle.  Notice the truck was 100% stock then.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/treyscool1/d...5bf.jpg&.src=ph

Your kidding? You swallowed water from that little tiny puddle? You couldn't have thrown up much water, it is too shallow. Not as much as this anyway...

dsc004226go.th.jpg

We learned @ ECXC last year it doesnt take a big puddle to suck up water & hydrolock a truck if you hit it at the right speed. :( (not personally, but someone we know)

Wow, Geordie's set up is pretty nice!

Did you see Trey's setup? It is quite neat and it sits almost flush with the 'A' pillar.

yeah i noticed, which kind of left me wondering: if it sits flush as oppose to off to the side of the vehicle I would have thought it would hinder visibility more...? mebe?

Anyways they are both pretty good and much better than I could do. I just payed the man and went for a safari jobbie.