Rough idle at start up.

Guest "93 SE"

Guest "93 SE"

Hi All,

I have a 93 se and when I start her up she starts to idle very rough for about 5 - 10 seconds, the RPM's go down to about 50 - 100 and bounce up and down that range ( chugging ) almost to the point of stalling ( once in awhile it will stall ) this is followed by a small plume of black smoke from the exhaust. This all happens in the first 5 - 10 seconds after start up. after that it's fine, however, restarting a warm engine, this all happens too, no smoke though.

Thanks for any help you can fire my way !!! :rolleyes:

Guest "93 SE"

Hi all and thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.

I'm a little green at what you all are talking about ie; what is the MAF sensor, what is the IAC, and where can they be found ??

Thanks a bunch !!!

PS >>>>> How do you bring up a code ??

Hi all and thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.

I'm a little green at what you all are talking about ie; what is the MAF sensor, what is the IAC, and where can they be found ??

Thanks a bunch !!!

PS >>>>> How do you bring up a code ??

you should be able to pick up similar problems/solutions and definitions when you use those as key words in search function of this forum.. look around. lot's and lot's of info here.. garage is a good place to start.

it could be any of the things specified above.. here are my 2c: fuel filter, o2 sensor.

definitely try for the codes.. probably the best place to start if anything is wrong with the truck.