Transmission Trouble

blu311

Total of 5 solenoids, Tq cnvrtr clutch sol, Line pressure sol, and 3-unit sol assembly which includes overrun clutch solenoid, shift A and shift B solenoids. 3 unit solenoid assemblies are available as a group, the other two are sold individually. My rebuild kit did not come with any solenoids, so be sure to ask for them specifically if there's any doubt. I think the price I was quoted for the 3 unit assembly was about $150. You should probably download the AT section of the shop manual for diagnosis and repair/overhaul. The vendor I dealt with indicated that Nissan was replacing the 3 unit assemblies 100000 km intervals as they tend to collect wear particles which in turn produces failures. A tranny flush and thorough cleaning may correct intermittent problems...

i should be getting back my pathy today from the trans shop. The older guy that works there knows a way to adjust the slip out of the pathy trannies. there is a screw on the upper right side to adjust the belt inside and he is putting aresistor inline which fools the tranny into putting more pressure out making the trans operate better. He said its not gonna make it new but will make it how it was 50k miles ago and im at 206k so thats good to me!. Better then a 500$$$ trans that might not be good plus install sincei don't have the room here in cramped NJ.

Scott

I've got the VW to drive, and I wouldn't mind learning how to install a new engine/tranny. (If you know the right people anything is possible with pizza and beer)

B) i like pizza... but you'll have to upgrade to Jack Daniels before we have a deal sly

lol, or you could just have some skills that kill, and forsee reverse parking problems before they occur... lol, ive been driving my pathy without reverse for a year and 4 months now, every other gear works fine, and being a college student, i have no money no time to fix it.. trust me, you get could at finding parking spots

where did you find the 3pack of solenoids for $150?! I was qouted SUBSTANTIALLY more at a dealership.

Johnathan...... you go boy!! There is no way in hell I would be able to go anywhere without reverse. Much less a year and change. :clap:

lol, or you could just have some skills that kill, and forsee reverse parking problems before they occur... lol, ive been driving my pathy without reverse for a year and 4 months now, every other gear works fine, and being a college student, i have no money no time to fix it.. trust me, you get could at finding parking spots

You wouldn't believe the number of pull-through spots at the end of a parking lot! I'm in the same boat as you...I find the D to R to D to R to "you POS thing go into reverse before I $%)#@$*&^ kick your !@#" D to R to D to R...FINALLY!!! Works quite often too.