Oil Bypass filter systems

Tx_Atty

I am looking at an oil bypass filter system for my diesel pickup and began wondering if I should add one to the '05. Is anyone running one of these and, if so, what are your thoughts and experience? I have limited my choices to OilGuard and/or FiltrationSystems FS2500.

Thanks!

I have eliminated Amsoil from the list of possibilities. It uses a solid mass filter whereas the other two use multi-layer elements designed to trap different micron size particles. Unfortunately, the FS2500 is $529 and is the one I would get if $ was no object. I believe the Oilguard is probably just fine but want to find some more real world experiences before I commit.

Guest 94vtecmn

Yeah but, the AmsOil filters to smaller micron. Its not about trapping different sizes, just to a smaller micron number. I think it retails for around $200. Just a suggestion.

Actually it is entirely about different sizes. The amsoil may (or may not, I dont know for certain) trap smaller micron size particles, BUT, if it is not designed to first filter out the larger particles while allowing oil to continue through to the inner filter material, it will simply clog on the outer surface of the element and prevent any oil from passing through to the finer element layers. The whole idea for the FS2500 and OilGuard is to filter large particles first and continue filtering at progressively finer increments all the way through the element.

The oilguard is $200 too so if I skip the FS2500 at $529 I would also skip the amsoil. I have nothing against amsoil per se. I just want the most effective process. the FS has the added proof of research from Southwest Research Institute and I am related to a particular VP there who confirms its performance. Too bad it is so d@mn expensive.