Question about lockers

Bob

Is it okay if you have a locker in the rear end and if you daily drive it? I have been thinking about putting one in and just want to make sure that it would be okay to daily drive it with it in.

Thanks

Bob

You're talking about a mechanical one, right? A few folks here have them and say once you get used to them and adjust your driving style a little, it's no problem. Just don't goose it around corners or you'll chirp the tires. You might also hear a loud "clunk" every now and then around corners as well, but that's just the teeth in the locker disengaging and it's normal. I know the search feature has a lot to be desired, but there's a lot of discussion about them if you can find the threads.

I wish I could've given you some first-hand info, but I had to trade mine for a center link before I got the chance to install it. :(

My locked up rear drives like a spool. Parking lots suck, but other than that, i really don't mind driving with it at all. Took about a week to get used to, but it's fantastic. I wouldn't trade back to a regular LSD ever again. Its a cheap, easy thing to do and makes a WORLD of difference on the trail.