Rear Plate got stolen

SteeevO

so yeah went riding yesterday cleaned the bikes and put the trailer away....then washed the pathy.. everything seemed to be ok.. but then i went to the movies and a few other places and ....i wake up this morning.. and my license plate is gone.... how retarded is that...i got a police report...so now i get to go to the least favorite place for anyone ever.....this dreaded place is known as the DMV....

wish me luck.... i hope the plate comes in b 4 i go to utah....oh wait i'm leaving in a week...

Sorry to hear that, I had it happen to my last truck. Idiots are usually just after the registration tags. They got nothing from me though. Whenever I put the new stickers on, I remove the old one first, then, when the new sticker is on, I cross cut the hell out of it with a razor blade. Unless you are really patient and good at jigsaw puzzles, it's worthless... ;)

B

they wouldn't get far trying to USE my plates.. (they say SLIX PF) but yeah.. like B.. few good razor cuts fix them buggers!

sorry to hear of your troubles. can't the dmv just give you stickers to use on yoru front plate? (take the front off and put it on the back)... :confused:

$17 to replace the plate plus w/e the sticker costs...

i guess there is some dumb law that says u need one on the front and the back....weather tehy enforce it or not is another story... it might be a little difficult trying to pull someone over from the front after noticing that they don't have a plate on the front....

thats what i usually do too but his time... they just took the entire plate....

Yeah, I use non removable or special bolts for the plate these days.

tin snips will get you a registration tag

Good point, I never considered that... Of course, I'm not some loser who needs to steal them... :shrug::D

Yeah, 2 plates required in Cali also. They want to be able to ID you from either direction, some ticket cameras snap the front plate, and it can give them an easy excuse to pull you over if they want to. I don't have a front plate, so I'm waiting for the disco lights behind me eventually. B)

B