Speedo

Git-R-Done

i dont think that it would be a fuse problem, i would suspect that it would be your speedo cable. Unscrew it from the back of your speedo or from your transmission and look to see if its worn out or broke, the square part at the end usually brakes, give it a pull it should slide out. if it slides out inspect the other side, if its okay clean it, and lube it, and put it back. Next check the speedo itself, make sure that nothing that drives the speedo is worn. Just to let you know im not and expert on the older pathys but hopefully this can give u a start. B.O.L Pathfinder Rookie

Yep, I agree with Rookie, it could have broken or the fact that it is basically a slip fit connection, it could have backed out enough due to virbation or a hard jolt. Definitely pull the cluster and look. If it does not appear to be broken, grab it with some pliers and try to turn it. I don't believe it should freewheel, so that should mean if it does, the cable has broken or the problem is at the other end of the connection if it still does not work when you re-install it. GL and let us know. :beer:

B

Hey get-r-done,

a few months ago my speedo kicked it. It turned out to be the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Everything worked fine(to my knowledge) except for the speedometer. I do remember that the check engine light came on-then went off-then back on and so on. If it turns out not to be your cable you might want to check that. I confirmed it by checking the ecu. I think it cost me like $100 bucks to fix at the shop.

Good Luck