Re-Tread tires!

njbray

Got this link from the sclr.org site. They sound pretty good for the price.

( I was on the Landy site cos I am thinking of getting a Disco!!! Arrrggghhhh.

I will keep the Pathy for a while so I have something to tow the Disco to the mechanics each week!!)

Re-treads, properly done on a high quality carcass, are a great value and a great way to reduce landfill.

However, there have been a few (very few, but very well publicized!) re-treaders that didn't do such a great job so most people have a negative impression of them.

Do your homework to be sure who you buy from is one of the good guys and enjoy the savings!

I actually used retreads a lot in England on my cars (saved tire money for my race cars NEW tires)..hehe and I never had a problem with them but once.. but it was no biggie... no blow out or anything.. for some reason.. I just wouldn't trust them here.. I knew the guy who did my tires in England.. :type:

You didn't use retreads on your semi slick?

nope. my boss wouldn't allow it. ALWAYS brand new tires on the semi and trailers. :aok:

*reason* he had a couple of bad retreads and it cost him a tractor when 2 tires blew almost together and he crashed.... he said never again. :nono:

He's an ex sheriff out of monterey county . sly

Edited by Slick

Hmmm, There is a Kal tire re-treading plant not far from here in kamloops, I shoud see if they do truck tires, I know they do semi tires for sure. This would be a nice alternitive to new tires.