new brakes and it still pulls!

Guest mark-oh

Just thinking ( i know ) :wacko: have you checked the wheel bearing's for play if one is loose it will push the pad away :secret: . This can be checked with to much pedal travel if this has been brought up before just tell me to shutup :X

It would have been picked up in the front end alignment.

i took it to my local independent mechanic who has tried several things to no avail....work he's done:

replaced LF caliper

replaced brake hoses

resurfaced front discs and replaced pads

I figure that if the mechanic just had the rotors off, the wheel bearings are probably set correctly... :shrug:

B

• 2 weeks later...

not meaning to steal the thread but ....

my strut rod bushings are new but wheel bearings, idler arm, and pitman arm.. all need to be replaced.. so untill i fix all that... i should probably stop complaining

Mine does the same. I spent a while looking at brakes. In my case its the steering. The car gets pigeon toed under heavy breaking which will cause to pull.

Might not be the problem in your case...but I had a quick read of all the posts so far and no one has suggested this problem which is pretty common for Pathys with the woeful steering.

Not much you can do about it really...make sure all your steering components have good bushes on them or upgrade your steering. The bigger your tyres are the worse the effect is.

Mine does the same. I spent a while looking at brakes. In my case its the steering. The car gets pigeon toed under heavy breaking which will cause to pull.

Might not be the problem in your case...but I had a quick read of all the posts so far and no one has suggested this problem which is pretty common for Pathys with the woeful steering.

Not much you can do about it really...make sure all your steering components have good bushes on them or upgrade your steering. The bigger your tyres are the worse the effect is.

may want to look over the steering components. mine does not do that at all. :huh: