I am such a sucker for toys!

Filthy Luker

so I bought this today:

http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600/

pt-iQue01large.jpg

due to a special for existing customers at http://www.radioworld.ca I picked this puppy (complete with the automotive mount, car lighter adapter, etc) for $300CDN... -bounce- If you're not a prior customer of radioworld then you can get it for $350.

This thing is sick.. plays MP3s... is a full GPS with 32 MB of built in memory and an SD card slot (you can pick up a 1GB card for $75!) I love Garmin so much that I will name my firstborn after them.

I use my cell phone as a GPS unit. I have a 1Gb SD card, and maps of all of Canada on it. Hell of a lot cheaper than one of those.....but, that is a really nice unit!!! :aok:

Edited by Simon

I use my cell phone as a GPS unit. I have a 1Gb SD card, and maps of all of Canada on it. Hell of a lot cheaper than one of those.....but, that is a really nice unit!!! :aok:

Wow... what brand/make is it? How well does it work... does it give you directions and such? Like I said.. sucker for toys... -bounce-

Yessir....works well. Palmone Treo 600. That's the phone. I've got both TomTom Navigator, and Mapopolis software on it. Both allow me to set navigation points, and gives me step by step directions. Only problem is that the GPS receiver is cable based, so it's not portable. It has to be plugged into the cigarette lighter and Treo via split cable to work. No big deal though, as I hate walking!!! :P

Links..

TREO

TomTom Navigator

Mapopolis