performance question

lovebunny

Cams, headers )if you can find them for a 96), intake, exhaust, chip, high flow cats, turbo, supercharger, etc... That's about all I can think of, however the turbo and supercharger are not the most cost effective way to go.

Headers are pretty much non-existant for 96+ Pathfinders...Stillen used to make them but stopped due to their proneness to cracking.

There used to be a company out of Buffalo that had a supercharger kit for the R50s, but they stopped making it.

Pretty much your only bet is going to be the simple stuff.

Intake

Exhaust work

Cams

Chip

Small nitrous shot (I've seen it done!!)

Is there a noticable performace boost with an intake and exhaust job? My friend has a Flowmaster on his little dinky Ford Ranger and says its helps out. What about gas mileage, its supposed to go up with those mods, right? So I can talk myself into it by saying i'll save on gas money? :D

I can't say anything about intakes, but I had a flowmaster 50 series installed and drilled a hole in the front clip below the parking light and into the air box, then added a plastic tube. It's a crude cold air intake, but my pathy doesn't seem to struggle when going uphill on these mountain highways out here in PA. If the cams are changed you'll also need new lifters. Could be PRICEY!

My weapon-R intake actually helped quite a bit, even though I put it on an hour after getting 2" bigger tires. When I put on it accelerates better than it did with the stock size tires. Not a bad mod for $200, however the open filter can get pretty muddy.

• 2 weeks later...
how bout new camshafts or a better exhaust? Cams are pricey....$550.00 just for the cams

ur right $550 is not cheap ..

but they are still relatively cheap compared to the cams ($400-700), exhausts ($400-900) and other performace parts for my 99 kawasaki ZRX 1100 .. if u look at the cost of a motorcycle vs cost of a pathfinder , it feels like the pathy parts are a lot cheaper ..or maybe motorcycle accessories are a rip off ..