starters just seem to be going out all over...

Gabriel

It finally went...my starter, it had failed a time or two b4, but for some divine reason, it came back.. well today, no such luck. but ./ this out, there is a kill switch, usually a tap on that and things are good to go, well damn it, I still got no crank... had a buddies jump- box, ( you know the last glimmer of hope...) ...nope. so the arduous task of outing the starter begins, what a nightmare. I have a whole spare truck here, why's it got to be so damn tough?

-g :furious:

Dont forget the Rotation to clear the mounts and no removing the oil filter will not help.(clockwise about 60 to 90)

If its a stock starter it will have that little heat shield its even more of a B!tch. Also remove the 2 or 3 10 mm screws holding the AT lines, give you a little more wiggle room.

WAIIITTTTTT... before you take it all the way out check this out.

You should find the trigger wire to the starter. It'll be a plug on a wire going to the starter. It's right on top of the starter usually, just not directly attached. Unplug that thing and run a hot wire from the (+) positive post to the end that runs to the starter. If it starts to turn over when you touch that it's not the starter, but probly an ignition problem.

I learned this the hard way... Mine was doing the same thing you described. It wouldn't work every once in a while till it finally stopped working all togather.

I hope you read this in time to check, but if you didn't it's always good practice taking that thing out then putting a new one in.