How to Clean Your Cloth Seats

MrJim

Do you have stained seats? Mine had gotten pretty nasty again so I cleaned them again today.

Here is a step by step illustration for those of you who have not tried this before.

First, notice how freaking nasty your seats have gotten.

filthyseats.jpg

Next, buy some uphostery cleaner.

cleaner.jpg

Spray the cleaner on the seats generously.

Really soak them. Don't be shy...

allsoapedup.jpg

The cap on this cleaner was removable and this made it easier to use the srubbing brush that is on the cap. If you do not have a brush like this, use a good stiff scrubbing brush that you can buy at any grocery store. Scrub it hard and be thorough.

scrubbingseats.jpg

Now, you need to remove the dirt and soap by using a lot of clean hot water and a towel to blot the water in and then out again.

gettingwater.jpg

waterspunging.jpg

Okay, now you need to use a wet vac, or local car wash vacuum to remove as much moisture as you can.

suckingoutdirt.jpg

What you are left with is very clean seats. They will need to finish drying for a few hours before you drive it.

cleanseats.jpg

cleanseats2.jpg

What a difference an hour and $10 worth of upholstery cleaner makes... WAVEY

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another really great foaming upholstery cleaner in a can: Blue Coral Automotive Upholstery Cleaner. Top rated by Consumer Reports and it cleans upholstery and carpets without scrubbing....just a little soft brushing to work the foam into the fabric, wait, then vacuum. :takebow:

• 5 months later...

I have a Bissel little green machine (carpet cleaner) it's tiny and easy to get in the vehicles with... I keep my tow rig, my caddy, my airstream and of course my Pathy interior spotless with this :rolleyes:

well untill me or the dogs jump in with muddy paws, faces, or tails... :D

• 2 years later...