TB reindexing twice

madhatter_xe

I reindexed my torsion bars for the first time about 6 months ago. They have sagged a bit since and my passenger tire is leaning like this /.

I've heard that reindexing them again can be dangerous b/c if they are cranked too much they'll eventually snap. I only reindexed them 2 splines last time and am thinking of going one more. Has anyone reindexed their TB's twice? or heard of them snapping?

Considering buying new ones.

Cheers :beer:

Can you just crank them up a bit without reindexing ? It usually just takes a little bit. While I'm sure you can torque them too far, they are designed for it. I have read that some of the stiffer aftermarket T-bars are more prone to breaking then the stock ones, Calmini I believe anyway. I'd say unless you jump the truck a lot, you should be fine. :shrug:

B

Read of it in a thread here a while back. A few people chimed in that they were more prone to breaking. Thats about all I know. It doesn't seem to be a common occurrence... How many people have broken T-bars, stock or not ??

B

Read of it in a thread here a while back. A few people chimed in that they were more prone to breaking. Thats about all I know. It doesn't seem to be a common occurrence... How many people have broken T-bars, stock or not ??

B

i think it would take some serious abuse on them to make them snap. dang , i dont even wanna imagine :hide:

Well its been a while since I jumped my truck...at least a couple hours. SO i'm not too worried about that. :P

Thanks for the info P1. I don't think there is any more room for cranking the adjuster bolt on this spline setting tho, so I might end up gettin some new ones or something.