Which shocks with 6" lift?

Guest jkimes

My pathy bounces like a big girl at a dance club any time I hit a bump. I looked underneath it a few weeks ago to figure out the problem and noticed that one of my rear shocks is broken completely in half! :o I'm planning to put in my JGC springs and raise the tortion bars for about a 3" suspension lift, and I ordered a 3" body lift today that should give me 6" of total lift. What size and brand of shocks should I buy to replace my busted rear set since the ride will be higher than stock? Will I need to replace the front shocks as well?

You only need to get shocks that are 3 inches longer since the body lift is exactly what it says it is, A body lift.

Most people go with Rancho 5000. if you do a search, you will find part #'s. If you are doing a full 3 inch susp lift, then yes you will need longer shocks for the front too.

:huh: Rancho shocks expensive? The RS5000 (part number RS5116) are $41 each from www.summitracing.com Doesn't seem to expensive to me. But if you must get cheaper shocks summit also sells skyjacker pro comp and superlift shocks in the $32 to $40 range.

9K's are great if you don't mind crawling down and adjusting, but spendy. They make a auto adjust kit, but even the salesman at the shop I got the shocks from said not to waste my time with it. 5K's are a good mid road, not too soft, not too hard, react well on the trail. I've also heard good things about Pro Comp's but haven't tried em or payed attention to the response, as I don't have em.