Mechanics In Spokane

Revco

New to the forums here...and I see there are several members from Spokane and eastern Washington. Add another Spokane Pathy owner to the list. :) I'm glad I found these forums...an *INCREDIBLE* resource for info.

Any locals know any good mechanics in the area? I just moved here less than a year ago and haven't found one I like. Last place I took my 'Finder for 120K mile service forgot to put the radiator cap back on & caused an overheat on a trip to Pullman. Had 'em do a compression check to verify integrity of the engine - they came back with values from 110-115 and said it was "within spec". I just read a post that said 128 was minimum & mid 170's was optimal. Not sure whether they lied about the values & didn't do a check or if the engine is seriously compromised. Need a second opinion.

Also wondering if anyone knows any exhaust shops willing to take on the header project. Another notorious tick of death here.

See you around. :) Thank you all for the info found here...

I'm looking for a general mechanic at the moment. Someone that is experienced, honest, & fair.

I'm looking for a complete exhaust overhaul too...Thorley's, new muffler, new cat, all new pipe. Can get the parts...just need a shop that'll do it right.

Responded to the PM...but I'm on the west edge of the valley...8th & Theirman(ish).

Heard about the site through an unreproducable train of web pages while researching my manifold issue and other mods available. Probably through some search string used on Google or maybe AskJeeves.

Glad to have found you guys! It just rules there is a forum out there for use 'Finder owners.

Muffler and Exhaust: American Brake & Muffler (its in the phone book)

Mark is the owner, Jeff will do the work :D (Cash is best)

I have used these guys for over 10 years here in Spokane. Anything above and beyond the Brakes and Mufflers they will entertain or point you to someone that can be trusted.

Thanks CaseyT! That sounds like the kind of exhaust shop I'm looking for...will entertain "anything" for a price. :aok: It's kewl that they may be willing to slap in a part or two while they're under there and have things torn apart.

I'll pop in here soon...gotta get the Thorley's on order since it'll take a bit to get 'em.

Thanks for the tip!

Well Revco, you should get that thing trailworthy so you can meet up with us. I want to plan a meet with the few Spokane people up at the ORV park at Riverside Park. Looks like you've already replied. You should try to make it.

That sounds like fun....thx for the invite. I've wanted to check the ORV area out out since I found out about it...just haven't had the time. Wouldn't mind meeting up anyway just to check out the rigs and maybe get some :beer:.

Most pressing issue at the moment is exhaust system & full tuneup...but thinking about some steering/suspension upgrades in the coming months. I'm still trying to figure out what I want. I need to find a balance between trail worthiness and efficiency/comfort since it's my daily driver and I travel quite a bit.

That sounds like fun....thx for the invite. I've wanted to check the ORV area out out since I found out about it...just haven't had the time. Wouldn't mind meeting up anyway just to check out the rigs and maybe get some :beer:.

Most pressing issue at the moment is exhaust system & full tuneup...but thinking about some steering/suspension upgrades in the coming months. I'm still trying to figure out what I want. I need to find a balance between trail worthiness and efficiency/comfort since it's my daily driver and I travel quite a bit.

Yeah I've only been to the ORV a couple of times but never have ventured in deep enough to check it out. The website says that Deep Creek crosses through at certain points only when its running but I believe lately its been dry.

Well the tuneup you should be able to do yourself. Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil change(what else am I forgetting?) and it'll save you some money for the exhaust work. Then I'd say once you get your pathy running in good shape, start working on the steering/suspension upgrades.

Thx for the tip, Maritime! Got a few places to check out, thanks to you all!

As far as the tuneup...yeah...I could certainly do it myself. I'm at a place in my life these days though where it's worth it for me to pay someone for the time & hassle. After a 60+ hour work week...wrenching on my rig just doesn't sound appealing, know what I mean?

I'd add the O2 sensors, tranny & diff fluids, fuel filter, PCV...what am I forgetting?

Edited by Revco