YES! 3 months and 300 dollars later

vidro

Well, she's done fellows.

I bought this pathy with a bum trannie and because of that I got a fairly desent deal.

Most have read my post on the daily trial and tribulation I have been going through to get the trannie rebuild.

Well last night at 3 a.m. I put in the last screw and quart of GL 4 - 90 weight.

I did not test drive or start it till the sun was up along with the rest of the house hold.

She shifts like a champ and is very quite. Out side of a little exhaust leak this thing seem to be in good shape.

I want to thank all of those that advised me throughout this ordeal.

Total cost of this project:

150 for bearing kit

32 for clutch pad

60 preasure plate

22 T O bearing

8 for rear main

2 pilot bushing

Total 274 buck

I did not include that cost of grease, oil and those kinds of items because they were not used up and can be used on other projects.

I may need to replace the exhaust gaskets which should run about 10 dollars.

Thanks again

So, what's next? What? You say you want to drive it for a while?

Heh, that sounds familiar. I had the ultimate check in my quality of work by driving to Seattle from the Bay Area (just under 900 miles). She made it without a squeek, noise or even a grunt.

Yes,

I drove to work and back with NO problems.

Could not of had better timing. It's been raining since last night and Water does not drain well at all around here.

The Cougar of mine does o.k. if I go low and slow but sitting as hi as the pathy gets me feels like a much better vantage point.

There is a vibration in the steering wheel and a shimmy in the front end, feels like tires need balanced.

The steering also feels, for a lack of another word "loose" seems to be about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch play side to side.

But at least she moves fast enough to even worry about these things now