New Rear Speakers

madhatter_xe

Hello, I've had an Alpine-9815 deck for a while and now I'm installing some Sony Xplod 6x9's in the back of my 88.

Should I just take out the old speakers and slap in the new ones or should I be laying new wire and bypassing the factory amps? I heard that is an option in the How-To section, but is it necessary? ;)

Thanks.

i donno the diff in the 88 and 87 but im pretty sure its similar and i didnt have the amp...but its a really big pain ot change the speakers out...not rally a big pain but it takes time cuze almost every body panel has to come out and i had gotten an amp already not knowing if i had factory amp or not but figurd i iddnt cuze all i had when i got my truck was 2 4.5's in the back so i just ran all new wires it took a couple hours of course we were drinkin beer and shootin the bull...

but IMO i'd just get an amp and rewire everything while ure at it to get the sound your lookin for instead of going back later and makin it better

good clear up 88

Edited by unccpathfinder

NO factory amps!? wow.... :wacko: that's some critical info right there.

Hmm, I might just leave it to the BestBuy crew, my g/f paid for an install with the speakers anyways (Bday).

About an 80-100W amp should be good enough eh?

Cheers. :beer:

Edited by madhatter_xe

I have 6x9 Xplods on my '93 and had them wired thru the factory amps with the stock radio. The sound was horrible. I´ve since installed a Pioneer CD/radio with high power amp and discarded the factory amps. 100% improvement!

My recommendation is to get rid of the factory amps, they put out like 6 watts anyway.