Is this posible

MiSh

Need to do some form of lift to my terrano as my 31s still rub when hitting large bumps.

I DONT want to crank the torsion bar anymore than i have to.

I want to put some JGC springs in the rear cause i want a stiffer ride so i thought that i could put thoose in then put a bodylift in the frount to compensate.

But i have heard that you cant just put a body lift in the frount and not the back.

Is this true????

Need to do some form of lift to my terrano as my 31s still rub when hitting large bumps.

I DONT want to crank the torsion bar anymore than i have to.

I want to put some JGC springs in the rear cause i want a stiffer ride so i thought that i could put thoose in then put a bodylift in the frount to compensate.

But i have heard that you cant just put a body lift in the frount and not the back.

Is this true????

Where are you rubbing with the 31's? Front or rear? With worn or sagged rear springs, it's common to hit. I'd just replace the rear springs and that should get you back to stock height if you use stock springs. Using JGC or Ford coils will give you to much lift if you don't want to turn the T-bars.

Yes, when doing a body lift you need to replace *all* body mounts. You can't just do the front only.

The fact that you are back to 'stock' height by cranking the T-bars but still bottoming out when hitting bumps makes me think is it the shocks and/or the T-bars themselves. It sounds like the front suspension is very weak. The T-bars could be fatigued, and the shocks could be shot. How many miles/what year is the truck ? If the shocks are old, remove 1 and give it the old 'push pull' it you can manage it reasonably, it's probably shot. If they are gas charged and do not extend firmly when free, they are shot. Replace those first if thats the case, then see what happens. T-bars may need replacement also if you insist on the stock height, but wait and see. 31" tires were stock on some Pathys and should fit fine; I have them on my 95 and they had no clearance/rub issues even before I jacked things up a bit. Let us know what you find.

B

Mish,

Your truck is pretty low rider styler...it has definately sagged.

If you replace your rear springs with stock springs again I think that it will come up a bit in the rear...you can then adjust your torsion bars again at the front so it doesn't look like a hotrod.

I know you are worried about your steering but you shouldn't have any worries. You are not going up way high...you are not replacing upper control arms, which is when the steering concerns come into play.