Vibrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrration

nycxice13

Ok I have a 98 pathy a/t , problem is Im getting a vibration starting at 40 mph. It feels as if it is coming from the front because I can feel it in the steering wheel. Any guesses on what it could be? Tires are new and balanced Im going for an alignment this weekend.

I've done it many times, so I don't find it difficult, but then again, I've got the manual hubs, so they are super easy to remove.

It takes me now about an hour per CV.

My first one took nearly 4, and I was black from head to toe from grease. It's a messy job for sure.

It IS something you CAN do yourself, but the job is not a fun one.

The cvs are not moving (unless he is in 4wd).

They are if he has a 96-up Pathfinder. They have fully-locked drive flanges instead of locking hubs, so the CV's always spin, regardless of transfer case position... That's why people replace them with Warn hubs, so the CV's can sit still and not eat so much power from the drivetrain by just always moving.

The cvs are not moving (unless he is in 4wd).

They are if he has a 96-up Pathfinder. They have fully-locked drive flanges instead of locking hubs, so the CV's always spin, regardless of transfer case position... That's why people replace them with Warn hubs, so the CV's can sit still and not eat so much power from the drivetrain by just always moving.

I didn't see the year. Sorry. :hide:

they are brand new and balanced

Are you using OEM Nissan wheels?

If so, the balance may still be off, if the shop did not use a Hunter 9700 (Road Force) balancing machine, or if they did, they may not have used the adapter plate.

Try to find a shop that uses the Hunter 9700 and have them rebalance the wheels using the adapter plate.

Also, have your alignment checked.