97 Pathfinder Antenna replacement

Grumpy

The power antenna in our 97 Pathfinder is kaput. Crutchfield does not list an antenna for this vehicle, nor do my local auto parts suppliers. I'd like to change over to a solid mast antenna, but can't yet find one that will fit. Nissan wants $200 for an OEM power antenna -- ;) I don't think so. Nissan does not sell a solid antenna that would fit either.

At this point, I may just drill a hole on top of the fender and go with a top mounted solid mast antenna. The factory antenna is on the side of the fender.

If anyone has a better idea, or how to find a compatible side mount solid antenna, I would appreciate the help.

FWIW, the vehicle has the Bose radio.

Thanks

Edited by Grumpy

The power antenna in our 97 Pathfinder is kaput. Crutchfield does not list an antenna for this vehicle, nor do my local auto parts suppliers. I'd like to change over to a solid mast antenna, but can't yet find one that will fit. Nissan wants $200 for an OEM power antenna -- ;) I don't think so. Nissan does not sell a solid antenna that would fit either.

At this point, I may just drill a hole on top of the fender and go with a top mounted solid mast antenna. The factory antenna is on the side of the fender.

If anyone has a better idea, or how to find a compatible side mount solid antenna, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

The power antenna in my 95 has been shot since I got it. I just pull it up about half way and leave it there. No need to replace. Radio reception is good. Just a thought. :shrug:

The power antenna in our 97 Pathfinder is kaput. Crutchfield does not list an antenna for this vehicle, nor do my local auto parts suppliers. I'd like to change over to a solid mast antenna,  but can't yet find one that will fit. Nissan wants $200 for an OEM power antenna --  ;)  I don't think so. Nissan does not sell a solid antenna that would fit either. 

Thanks

The power antenna in my 95 has been shot since I got it. I just pull it up about half way and leave it there. No need to replace. Radio reception is good. Just a thought. :shrug:

Not a bad idea, but the mast itself is gone. She does have the windshield antenna, but there's nothing quite as good as a correct height vertical antenna for the best performance at the far ends of the signal.

Finding one that's H=(DxD)/2, or : D= sq rt.(2H). H=feet, D=miles, would be nice, but I'll settle for 28 or 30 inches. :D

EBAY EBAY EBAY EBAY EBAY EBAY EBAY.....

I believe that's what I'll do. I have to find what month in '97 the car vehicle was manufactured, then I'm calling Bridgewood Motorsports

516 Buffalo St.

Manitowoc WI. 54220

920-686-0644

I found them on Ebay. They said they'll take it back if it doesn't work.

Many thanks

Edited by Grumpy

I have to find what month in '97 the car vehicle was manufactured...

WOW... what month!!??

Check your door jamb. B)

It was built in November of '96, so I believe that's the old style mast. Bridgewood had one in stock. I should have it tomorrow morning via expedited shipping. The car will only be around here until Saturday, then my daughter takes it back to school, 900 miles away. I ordered her a new MP3 / CD player too, along with a harness to cross it over to the Bose amp / wiring. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MeE3UMmfPLz/c...00&I=070XDM6820

This unit comes with an external jack to plug in a sat radio or ipod. I have a similar head in my car. It's a great unit for the money. Crutchfield is my friend.

Maybe I'll off the Bose unit on ebay, or better yet, put it in my backhoe. :)

Edited by Grumpy