It has started again.

Vsicks Pathy

This guy had the cheek to wonder why people ask for discounts at 4wd stores.

Anyway, it has got down to why are lockers half the price in the USA when they are made here arguement again. Take a look at how pathetic we are. :(:aok: We know we get ripped off but we keep on asking the question. :lol:

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/...pic.php?t=52062

Fun.

We have issues here, as there is only one shop that will supply us here... There are a few other shops that deal strictly with Jeeps - which are no use to us.

So we have one local choice. And these guys have been known to give pretty good discounts - to about every other person. 4 of us could call for a price on an item, and I bet we'd get 3 prices back. I've heard more than once of people calling for a price (as a club, they give us a discount), then finding it on their online store cheaper. Gee thanks. So needless to say, some people are in no hurry to use them.

So our other choice is to ship from the states... and incur duty, taxes, shipping & brokerage fees, which can add up, esp on a higher priced item... We luckily have a friend in Rochester, just 4 hours away stateside, and we have had a few things shipped to her, and we have gone for a weekend visit & brought home the item installed (or in the case of my bumper, in the back) to save $$$...

I do have to agree, it doesnt make a great deal of sense that ARB products are cheaper for you to ship from the states... Some of the ideas people raised make SOME sense... but still - has anyone called ARB to ask?

Edited by Pezzy

Fun.

We have issues here, as there is only one shop that will supply us here... There are a few other shops that deal strictly with Jeeps - which are no use to us.

So we have one local choice. And these guys have been known to give pretty good discounts - to about every other person. 4 of us could call for a price on an item, and I bet we'd get 3 prices back. I've heard more than once of people calling for a price (as a club, they give us a discount), then finding it on their online store cheaper. Gee thanks. So needless to say, some people are in no hurry to use them.

So our other choice is to ship from the states... and incur duty, taxes, shipping & brokerage fees, which can add up, esp on a higher priced item... We luckily have a friend in Rochester, just 4 hours away stateside, and we have had a few things shipped to her, and we have gone for a weekend visit & brought home the item installed (or in the case of my bumper, in the back) to save $$$...

I do have to agree, it doesnt make a great deal of sense that ARB products are cheaper for you to ship from the states... Some of the ideas people raised make SOME sense... but still - has anyone called ARB to ask?

ARB and the like just fob you off. It's like Lokka's, you can get them in the USA for a few hundred $. They are made here and will set you back $1,400??? I can work it out?

Most Factories (Working at one myself) have no real means of selling to the general public....If I own a factory that makes widgets and I only sell to retail stores, not to the public, I have to pack, label, and ship my products in a certain way according to local and federal laws. But if I want to sell to the public directly, then I have to dramatically alter the way I pack, label and ship the product. You also have rules on how you can advertise depending on who you sell to. You also have to be very careful you don't breach a contract you have with a retailer, by selling directly to the public.

There's a lot more legal issues a company has to deal with than you think. Depending on the product sometimes it's easier to sell only to retailers or vice versa. I know the company I work for cannot legally sell directly to the public, due to Federal tax, and manufacturing laws, as well as it would be a breach of contract with many of our retailers.

Most Factories (Working at one myself) have no real means of selling to the general public....If I own a factory that makes widgets and I only sell to retail stores, not to the public, I have to pack, label, and ship my products in a certain way according to local and federal laws. But if I want to sell to the public directly, then I have to dramatically alter the way I pack, label and ship the product. You also have rules on how you can advertise depending on who you sell to. You also have to be very careful you don't breach a contract you have with a retailer, by selling directly to the public.

There's a lot more legal issues a company has to deal with than you think. Depending on the product sometimes it's easier to sell only to retailers or vice versa. I know the company I work for cannot legally sell directly to the public, due to Federal tax, and manufacturing laws, as well as it would be a breach of contract with many of our retailers.

Your point is?

Mine is that it is cheaper to buy products that were made in Australia from the USA.