97 Pathfinder Fender flares

merlinx

Hey All :type:

I have a 97 Pathy LE. It came withought the fender flares. I just installed some OME coils all the way around. It has definetly improved the ride height and feel of the whole car. The problem is There is too much space now in the wheel wells. Its a street Pathy and I have some 255/55/18 wheels on it. I need some flares to cover up whe wheel well space. I want it to lok as stock as possible. Any suggestions? Will the flares off an XE fit? Any help appriciated. thanks

Jason :help:

If you want to buy a set of new OEM flares from the dealer, they're about $300 each! That's $1200 for the set, plus you need to drill out your fenders to fit the flares.

Even if you got a set of used OEM flares you'd still need to drill out your fenders.

Believe me, I searched for suitable fender flares for a long time. These seemed to be the best fit.

If you're on a budget, try jcwhitney. They have some inexpensive generic rubber flares that you could probably try, but they don't look nearly as nice as the EGR, nor will they cover as much. I originally tried these, but I didn't like the way they fit for my application, so I returned them, but they might work for you!

Good luck!

Edited by XPLORx4

please stay calm...if you want to start looking piece by piece...there are 2 rear (left and right) at the boneyard near me...they do not have the mud flaps.

I ended up getting the remaining three that i needed from there, I am still short those front bumper molding pieces and a driver side mud flap in the rear.

They pinned me for just about $30 a piece for the flares, I didn't care i have been looking for a set or parts since i got the truck in october of last year!!!

XPLORx4, I do like the way the flares look on your rig. How do they mount? Glue? And where did you find the for $300? I cant seem to find them for under $360.

Your rig has changed from the original on your web site. Its really nice.

Can ask you about how much you paid for your siver star rims? the 108s. I like those thinking of getting some in the future.

XPLORx4, one more thing, that link on the auto customizers, the flares for $304, are they EGR? are they coparable?

Thanks

Jason

Edited by merlinx

I picked up the EGR flares from a guy who had bought a second set for his brother, but then his brother sold his truck. So, they were still new in box, but not "retail new". The guy gave me a deal.

The flares don't mount with glue. They mount with screws and clamps that fit on the fender lip and on the front fenders, along the edges where the inner plastic liner attaches to the fender. There's also a thin adhesive rubber moulding that fits between the plastic flare and the body.

I don't remember exactly how much I paid for the Panther 108's. They were pretty cheap if I recall. Less than 80 bucks each at a tire store's "Spring Holiday Tent Sale" event.

I don't know anything about the flares on 4x4parts site. My guess is that they're Bushwacker flares, not EGR, but you can probably call them to find out.

Quick update, Just ordered my flares, hopefully they will be here by the end of the week. got them for about $314 shipped from Michigan. Any tips on installing them? I plan to paint them white to match the truck before I put them on. Thanks for everyones help.

Jason

Glad you found a set of EGRs - I had heard they were discontinued?

Installation is a breeze - simple hardware and a flexible rubber gasket with an adhesive edge (like a sticker). It gets tight working the hardware at the bottom of the fender wells - closest to the tires - so you either need some stubby tools or a jack for the rears. The front you can get by with cranking the wheel full lock so you get in there.

Actually - when I say jack up the rears - its not the usual case of jacking up a tire. You want to jack up the body to increase working space between the tire and the body. I used a hi-lift on the sliderz, not sure how you'd do it without a jacking point like that. Explorx4 has the very nifty monster jack set-up..... then again, you could easily pull a wheel to get access, so I guess the traditional jack scenario would work fine... nevermind...it's early! Must...get...coffee...

Good luck,

m.

merlinx, where did you order them??

anyone who has them, I have a 99.5, and anywhere I find them - they are available for the 96-99... what, do you figure might the difference be?

tried them all already. Nobody has them in stock. Truck add ons called EGR and said they were discontinued. The second link is the one that said 3 weeks I worry though that they will find out it has been dicontinued. worra worra worra!!!

Ok out of options, tried them all, anything thet showed up on googleeven the search engines they point to an nothing. If anyone knows of any shop that might have some laying around let me know.

98silverpathy, was it hard installing the ones you got from the bone yard Do you know if they will match up to my factory mud flaps?

Well if anyone knows anything new please et me know. EGR said that they do not make them any more, they can make if if we order 50 of them anyone in :aok: Just kidding.

Jason

They should line up with factory flaps, but the trucks that camer with flares had integrated mud flaps to go witht he flares...these are 2 flares for the rear they stop right at the bumper in the back.

installation...well you have to drill underneath your pathy in the rear to mount, and they use a sort of push pin to help hold them fast to the side of the truck, i have yet to do anything but screw them into the rear quarter panel and i am going to use good blk silicon to "glue" them to the side of the truck as silicone will not hurt the paint and is easy to remove after it is dried if you want to.

i took this coming friday off so if you want me to go and pull them let me know now!!

• 4 months later...