Water in the door...

SteeevO

recently i realized that on the bottom of the doors there are what look like drain/vent holes... i was thinking if i were to cross a stream water would get inside the door and wet my aftermarket speakers and the motor for the electric windows...would it be safe to plug these holes and if so what do u think would be the best way to plug them?

thnx

Well.. if you plan on going into water that deep... your first concern should be the ECU which is located under your passenger seat.. then install a snorkel if going really deep..... what year is your Pathy? I assume it is the same as mine as you posted in 90-95 WD21's... :blink::blink:

I believe those holes are there to allow any water that gets past your window seals to drain out. Have you looked up in them to see if there is a screw ? Hmm, now I'm curious. I'll peek tomorrow, but I pretty sure about the first answer.

B

i did not see a screw up there. but even if there was a temporary way to plug them just for when i go out on these adventures it would be nice. i do realize they are drain holes but...honestly how much water actually gets inside??...i don't think much ...maybe a little damp but i think it would just be able to evaporate through the other vents higher in the side of the door near the latch and also the speaker grill is right next to a large hole in the door panel alowing for evaporation....i think...just a thought

ha ..i'm just too worried about my frigg'n speakers :D

my friend has submerged his 65 watt JBL 6x9's in muddy water on numerouse occasions and they still continue to function till this day.

I think you have to be more worried about shorting an amp, or your deck, than the speakers. At least from my opinion.

trucksredux8.jpg

You should turn your stereo off while wheeling anyway.. in case someone tries to yell a warning to you or your motor malfunctions.. you can hear what's going on... :aok: