1990 electrical drawing

denisb

I'm looking for the schematics for the power window wiring. My passenger window will only go down. I did manage to bring it back up using a 12 volt source, so I know my motor is fine. But it won't go up using either my drivers door control or my passenger doors control :confused:

Denis

I'm having the same problem, mud or dirt usually makes it super slow too

Mine actually doesn't go up or down.

But if humidity makes it slow you can grease the rails inside the doors. There's an quick fix and a good fix. Both require greasing the main track/slide for the window.

The quick way is to spray WD-40 on them without taking the whole power window assembly off.

The good fix is to take the window off (2 screws easier taken off if window is not all the way down) take the top and bottom screws for the rail/slide off (4 screws) and the motor screws off (3 screws). Unplug the P/Window connector and remove the whole rail/slide off, clean and lube with white lithium grease.

Denis

I know the switch on the passenger door is good. I haven't checked the drivers door yet. I was hopping to get a wiring diagram before I take the drivers door apart, so that if I need to go deeper into the wiring I can do it while the door skin is off. When I get some free time (yeah right!), I'm going to take a deeper look at it. I'm sure I can figure it out without the diagram, just would've been easier.