Woot! Almost Done My Bushings

Guest Larimer

Guest Larimer

I bought the A/C poly bushings a while ago, after much struggling with rusty bolts and seized inner sleeves, etc. The lowers are finally off, I cleaned them up, painted them and just had the bushings pressed in today. So hopefully I can get them installed tonight. I had bought enough bushings to do the uppers, but abandoned that idea when I saw how difficult it was going to be to remove them. So I had 4 extra bushings that I was going to sell... Until the guy pressing my new bushings in destroyed one of them... Now I have a set of 3, I also have a full set of the replacement bolts too, maybe I will hang on to them for next time.

All in all it is a tough DIY. Thanks kmgar for the instructions. Certainly not a Saturday afternoon job.

Tools used... 3ft Johnson bar, impact wrench, angle grinder, sawzall, torch.

Problems... Damn bolts!!! Canadian winters and salt destroy bolts, I broke the bolts that fasten the brake lines to the arm, and busted bushing.

Those things are a lot of work. I started to do mine, but when I couldnt get a single bolt loose i abandoned the idea. I got a shop here to cut the bolts, pull the arms, press the bushings and reinstall the arms for 75 bucks. Not bad at all. Glad to hear you got it done, you will love the result.

I am going through the same process and those bolts were a b!tch. I cut mine off. I am replaceing upper and lowers and have to buy new upper control arm mounts along with a new lower control arm. All I see is $ going out the wallet. At least I have a buddy who works in a machine shop and is going to press the bushings for free.

Gotta replace mine. They're sitting on the work bench, probably for a couple of months now. Just can't seem to find the courage to replace them. So many bad stories.

Ah well some day I might just find the strenght to take away Pathy's dancing shoes, till then, off in the sunnset I go with a wiggle in my rear end. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Denis

Guest Larimer

Well, it is all done for me. The install part was really easy.

The funny thing is I have been driving with the sway for so long it had affected my driving style. I find myself anticipating the sway, and then it never comes.

Next job... Brakes... P...