Strut Mount Separation...

yea, warranty is 100K powertrain, and 60K bumper to bumper, mom got the extended warranty for 100K bumper to bumper. not bad.

Got the estimate from the body shop...

It's only the drivers side "apron" that is damaged, and is only going to be a total of $1700 including parts, labor, paint, etc...They won't know for sure if there is any hidden damage until they start tearing into it, however, but they'll let me know and the insurance know about it immediately.

Assuming they can get the apron piece (or inner fender skin, as it is also known as) in this week, I'll have the truck back at the end of next week, WOO!

And, guess what...my roof rack is due in at the end of next week as well!

So, once I get her back...I'm going to treat her to a nice detail, and a set of Ox sensors...because she's been crying about those for some time now...hah.

Then she gets her boob job (roof rack), tummy tuck (sliders), and butt lift (cargo drawer). And maybe even 3" more lift courtesy of L&P...

About that Xterra that I went to look at...

It's a yellow 01 SE, 4wd, auto. Doesn't appear to have been in an accident (minor fender benders excused), as all the panels line up properly and there are no paint runs. There is very minimal surface rust on the underside and trailer hitch. It starts right up and idles wonderfully...exhaust smells normal. Nothing appears out of place...until you look at the odometer and the safety inspection slip....

The odometer reads 35632.

The safety inspection slip, dated May 27, 2005, reads 220679.

The sales manager believes the actual milage to be in the range of 80000-85000.

My instinct tells me that none of those are accurate. The condition of the vehicle is far too good for it to be 220,000. The engine is spotless, the brakes are worn, but not to the tale of 220,000 miles (rotors look original, worn slightly more than my Pathfinder's at 95,000). That said, I am always skeptical about salesmen's representation of vehicles, especially at small Mom & Pop Buy Here-Pay Here lots owned by people named Hans and run by a Pakistani. (Nothing against Pakistanis or Swedes, or small dealerships, but you do have to be very careful when dealing with them...especially when the only car on their lot more than $10,000 is a 2002 Avalon and that's priced at $11,5k.) The guy did say that he's been driving the truck recently and drove it to the beach this past weekend and it didn't have any problems, and runs very well...That is left to be seen. I'm going by after work to test drive it, even though I will likely not buy it (seeing as they're fixing my Pathy and there isn't any major structural damage, it should be fine), but you never know.

That's all for now...I'll supply more updates as they come.

• 2 weeks later...