Weird noise when turning from a start.

Man I have the weirdest sound when you start from a stop and are turning. It seems to be worse to the left. I get a sort of Clank, shudder. It feels rear endish to me but there are NO other signs the rear end is having a problem. I do wonder if maybe non LSD oil was put in the rear end and maybe that is causing it? I have looked over all other suspension related parts and the only one that remotely looked bad was the passenger side rear boot at the backside of the torsion bar and I wouldn't think that would be the problem.

Could it be the auto hub failure?

Any Ideas or test meathods you could recommend?

It a 95 LE v6 obviously 4wd with the LSD rear.

Pathylogical

It could be the LSD. Did you check the fluid level? It could also be one of the bushings in the rear; there's something like 14 of them (panhard, upper & lower links, anti-sway); or rear axle bearing(s) - you did say it was from the rear and only when turning from a stop, right? Do you notice any other symptoms such as increase body roll or other handling issues?

i had the rear end problem (wrong fluid) it was more of a clunk though. happened whenever i was taking off and turning... and even more while in reverse. If you have any doubt that the wrong fluid is in there you should change it anyways, even if it isnt where the sounds coming from.

It could easily be a "clunk" and yes it does it in reverse and slow left turn from a stop. I will get on that immeadiatly. Can you get LSD diff fluid from autozone or is it Nissan dealer ordered?

Thanks man. I know that is the problem now!!!

%$#@# wife and jiffy lube!!!

Jiffy Lube!? What, was your wife trying to get a new engine for you?

You may want to take it to a dealer and have them verify the incorrect fluid was used. If it is, and there is any damage, JL is responsible. In the past they had open accounts at the local dealerships and have paid for all repair costs on more than one occasion, though lately it seems they are waiting for customers to sue.

Yeah well I was on travel and well anyway I squirted a little friction juice in my wife's rear end and it all tightened up and everything is fine!! uhhh yeah... well anyway.

Now the question is could there be damage from not having the friction modifier in there or did it just cause it to work improperly. It seems pefectly fine now but well you know. I do plan to drain and fill with the Mobil One synthetic soon.

You guys are the best. That sound was driving me crazy!

first off.. "Yeah well I was on travel and well anyway I squirted a little friction juice in my wife's rear end and it all tightened up and everything is fine!! uhhh yeah... well anyway." :laugh:

and mine clunked for about 4 months before i found the problem. didnt seem to do any damage.

Yeah well I was on travel and well anyway I squirted a little friction juice in my wife's rear end and it all tightened up and everything is fine!! uhhh yeah... well anyway.

ROFL - guess you forgave her then, huh? :aok:

Edited by Animal