Newbie with a truck in the Caribean

Guest Ree9c1

Guest Ree9c1

Hello all, nice forum going on here. Im not a Nissan guy nor a truck person. Im more of a domestic street & strip dragster. Mostly Chevys but I'd drive anything with lots of torque, rear wheel drive and atleast 300 or more horses. The reason why I joined is because I have a vacation home in the caribean islands. The truck that I own out there is a 92 Pathfinder. I do a lot of offroading while I'm there because you really have no choice. You have to go through a lot of mountains to get around and the conditions of the roads are horrible. I live and work in NYC but my Pathfinder is in the Country of Haiti.

post-19-1117693982.jpg

Guest Ree9c1

The truck takes a beating out there. I live on a beach front property aproximately 2 hours away from the city. I do a lot of high speed driving when I'm heading towards the city.

post-19-1117694198.jpg

Guest Ree9c1

I need you guys to point me in the right direction in upgrading suspension and maintenance. I'd like to able to go faster also, smog & emissions is not an issue but gas milage is

post-19-1117694389.jpg

Edited by Ree9c1

Welcome to the boards! WAVEY

I wish I could afford a second house and car in Haiti :sniff:

As far as going faster you can upgrade to Thorley headers and custom exhaust. You can also add a snorkel kit (for cold air of course) and a K&N filter. You could also upgrade the cams but you might run into mileage considerations there.

As far as driving fast goes for the suspension there is an aftermarket sway bar and stiffer aftermarket shocks.

Edited by SC88Pathy

Welcome! WAVEY

My fiancés dad was the US Ambassador to Haiti back when Baby Doc was in power and the Tonton Macoutes were executing his opponents. She could hear the drums echoing up from the villages every night when she went to sleep. That's some spoky juju if you ask me.

She said most people she actually met were "wonderfully nice and full of life" though. Looks like a nice place from your pics.

Guest Ree9c1

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :) Yes the Island of Haiti is beutiful, you forget you're in a 3rd world country. The roads could be a little better and the gas prices need to be a lot cheaper. Heres a few more pics for those interested.

post-19-1117783070.jpg

Those pics are awesome. Looks like a blast and I'm jealous. If you're looking for bang for the buck perfomance, and the truck's suspension is in decent shape, go for some quality shocks to ease out your ride on the rough roads. They run the spectum, from fully off-road spec down to civilian pavement pounders. I'd bet a moderate off-road shock like Pro Comp 3000's or Rancho 5000's would be a good balance. If you're looking to lift it or anything like that, look around the forum as its covered. Search is your friend.