Sport suspension -- replacing shocks

DMT

Hello All! My first post. I'm glad to have found this Pathfinder forum on the Web. Mine is a 94 SE, mostly stock except for some roof racks and meaty tires (stock size). I am looking to replace my stock shocks. I have the sport suspension package and was wondering what the collective wisdom is about going with the stock shocks that can connect electronically to the sport button, or alternatively going with a good set of aftermarket shocks. My driving is mostly road driving in the Portland area, with occasional weekend offroad camping trips and at least one or two major offroad trips each summer, usually Moab and Yellowstone area.

Hey welcome to the message board! I'm in WA. Lots of people have Rancho's or KYB's or a combination of the two. Bilsteins are good too.

I go to Yellowstone every 4th of July. Where do you visit?

I like my stock adjustable shocks, but if you're going to lift the truck it's best to get slightly longer aftermarket shocks. If you're not going to lift aftermarket shocks will make your ride slightly stiffer, but some people prefer a stiffer ride. Really it boils down to personal preference.

BTW Welcome! WAVEY

Thanks for the suggestions. Nissan of Beaverton mentioned they have the stock adjustable shocks in for around $55 a piece--over half off their usual price. Apparently, Nissan apparently produced a glut of these shocks and have reduced the price recently. I am leaning towards going with these, as I don't have plans to lift the vehicle. But I am open to opinions on that matter. To lift or not to lift. I am sure there are pros and cons. If anyone wants to share any experiences, suggestions, regrets on lift options that would be great.

Oh, and about Yellowstone. We always stay at an old family cabin on Hebgen Lake. My father and his father built it when my father returned from WWII. Probably my favorite place on earth. And it is surrounded by a lot of good 4x4 trails in the Gallatin Natl. Forest--spectacular country--and the grizzlies are quite fond of it too.

As above..shock choice is personal preference. I went with the Rancho 5000 series, after doing the JGC Coil install, which I REALLY love. I cranked the torsion bars, and run 31" tires. I prefer a slightly stiffer ride anyway, and it didn't really change the ride comfort all that much. It just feels "firmer" now. That is also the cheapest lift for your pathy.

I paid $78 for the pair of Rancho's, and $70 for the pair of brand new JGC coils, and ended up with almost 4" of lift in the rear! :aok: