97 pathy speakers

merlinx

Im looking to replace my speakers and stereo unit (Boss). Does anyone know what size these pathys speakers are? Can anyone reccoment a stereo? Im looking for either a flip face or one with a screen and that plays MP3s. Also any recommendations on a subwoofer enclosure that wont take up too much space?

I use a Pioneer Premier DEH-740 - plays MP3s and has the OEL display. I put in infinity 6.5" speakers and have a 10' sub in the back in a small Qlogic box. It's no ghetto blaster, but its good, clean, dound

Installing an amp to power the subs is no problem. Bypassing the factory amp for the speakers is.. ehh it was doable. I just ran wires from pin to pin on the harness... I will run new speaker wire this summer.

I just installed a Kenwood KDC-MP528. It has a flip face/MP3/Sirius ready, etc. all the bells and whistles. It was $200 at best buy plus around $40.00 for all of the adapter/wiring harnesses. I made one mistake though...it has a "call" feature that mutes the audio if you have a cell phone wired thru your ride. I hooked up the orange "call" wire to a factory wire and every time I hit the brakes, the audio muted...WHOOPS! Drove me nuts til I figured it out. But it sounds WAY better than that factory piece of crap which is actually made by Alpine or Clarion, NOT BOSE! Good Luck!

I just installed a Kenwood KDC-MP528. It has a flip face/MP3/Sirius ready, etc. all the bells and whistles. It was $200 at best buy plus around $40.00 for all of the adapter/wiring harnesses. I made one mistake though...it has a "call" feature that mutes the audio if you have a cell phone wired thru your ride. I hooked up the orange "call" wire to a factory wire and every time I hit the brakes, the audio muted...WHOOPS! Drove me nuts til I figured it out. But it sounds WAY better than that factory piece of crap which is actually made by Alpine or Clarion, NOT BOSE! Good Luck!

wait so u say that even though it says "bose" on my head unit its made by clarion cause if thats the case, im gonna reconsider leaving the stock system.

The BOSE system utilizes amplifiers on the speakers themselves.. The Amps and speakers are BOSE, but the head unit that controls them is not.

• 2 weeks later...
Installing an amp to power the subs is no problem. Bypassing the factory amp for the speakers is.. ehh it was doable. I just ran wires from pin to pin on the harness... I will run new speaker wire this summer.

So, does that mean I don't need to bypass the stock amp since I'm not adding new speakers, just another amp to power my subs?

no.. you can install an amp sub separately, bypassing the factory amp was done when i put in a new head unit so the speakers weren't double amplified.