factory alarm bypass...How?

Feeling a bit motivated this year in tackling my long haunting no start issue and I suspect it's the damn factory alarm giving me crap.

How the hell do I do it LOL. 

Remove it and the harness. It's all plug and play. You will need to remove the driver's seat. Simply follow the harness 

The alarm on these was an afterthought, so it's pretty easy to remove. Most of it is just plugged in between stuff. Your ignition switch plugs into the alarm harness, which plugs into the main harness--so you just separate the two plugs and plug the switch into the main harness, without the alarm harness in between. Same deal for the power locks, at the A pillar. I think the horn was the same way. A couple wires are scotchlock'd into the harness, so you'll have to pick those apart or cut the wires on the alarm harness side. The parking lights are tapped near the switch, and the dome light is tapped near the fuel door release IIRC. The wires for the hood switch and the siren go through the firewall along with the fog light harness, so be careful which wires you cut there. IIRC the fog harness is also scotchlock'd to the headlight harness near the switch.

The alarm brain is the square box under the driver's seat with the hole in the top (or a white sticker over the hole in the top, if that's still there).

You will need to remove the driver's seat, the kick panel, the clamshell, and the trim plate along the bottom of the door jamb. Might need to remove the dash panel under the clamshell as well.

Didn't take too long when I did it to mine, and my starter circuit has been reliable since. :aok:

• Like 1