auto tranny dash lights?

I was wondering if the Pathfinder is suppose to have the transmission lights on the dash. You know the ones that if your in park or neutral it lights up P or N on the dash. There seems to be a place on my dash for the lights but it doesn't light up? I was wondering if its there and I just need to replace a fuse or what.

I have 99 Path that was bought brand new, and it never had trans setting on the dash. I picked up a 99 Pathfinder Sales brochure back then, and one of the picture showsl the interior dash with all the indicator lights turned on, such as oil, check engin, low fuel turn on, and there is no trans light. I wish there was one.

Which is funny because (i have a 5speed BTW...) but there is still definately a spot for them in the center of the cluster between the speedo and the tach

Yes I just found a owners manual online and no there isn't any trans lights. Funny my auto Nissan 240sx didn't have them either. I guess Nissan felt this wasn't neccassary in any of there cars in the 90's. Well I did find out that Nissan has all the owners manuals in pdf format on their website! So if anyone is missing their manual and need to look something up go there.