Where are Blower Motor Fuses & Relay 03 pathfinder SE?

dmatt

Hello All

My kid has an 03 Pathfinder SE. No air is coming out of the vents for hot or AC. Nothing. I figure I should start with fuses and relays first. I think I found 2 fuses in the interior driver side compartment and they both looked fine. My question is, is there a relay anywhere that needs to be tested as well? If so where is it located and labeled as?

Thanks

Unplug the blower motor and see if you have 12v at the connector when the fan is supposed to be on. If the blower motor has power, but doesn't go, it's probably dead. If not, then start digging around in the service manual (free download here) to find which fuses/relays/etc you're after. You want the HA section. Hopefully it's something simple and not an issue with the HVAC head.

• Like 1

I think I found it. Same place behind the pull out change compartment on driver side fue box. 3 relays, with the middle being the blower motor from what I found.

I ended up replacing that relay and fuses but it didn't help. I purchased a $20 blower motor resister on Amazon and that didn't fix it. Then I purchased a new blower motor from AutoZone and that got the air running again. Put everything back together and then it kept blowing after I turned it off. So I had to take it apart again and put the new resistor back in. I had put the old one back in because I thought it was just the blower motor. So it ended up being the resistor AND the blower motor. $170 in parts and back in business.

• Like 2