Faint turn sounds from rear

ros81

Hi. 

This forum has helped me multiple times.. I own a Pathfinder 2014. At speeds over 70km/hr, I can hear faint turning sounds. I don't hear this when going at lower speeds. Don't know how to describe it.. 

I had replaced my rear differential about 2 years ago. 

Any ideas or suggestions? 

I don't know crap about the R52, and I'm not entirely sure what a faint turning sound is. If it seems to be coming from one corner of the car, I would check the wheel bearings. If it's eaten one diff already, might be good to check the level and condition of the fluid while you're at it, make sure it hasn't done it again.

Took it to a mechanic... He said it's the front transfer case that's making the noise. I'm wondering at this point if it's best to just sell it off or replace the transfer case. 

Yes... I did see about Zumbrota RTC59276 in Rockauto. Searched for it at other online stores, and it looks like it costs more than Nissan OEM, which includes shipping and international custom duty to Canada. If there is not any more information, I will just bite the bullet, and buy an OEM from the dealership.

Replaced with the OEM transfer case, Sway links and Sway bar bushings. Now the noise is completely gone. 

Very rarely while turning corners at low speeds I can crackling noise, but it's very rare.. 

I going to get rid of this vehicle. Btw, what are some of the early symptoms of bad transmission? 

Again, I don't know crap about the R52, but from what I've read they "judder" before they let go. Probably a good call selling it before that goes--I have not heard good things about Nissan's CVTs.

Recently I helped replace the rear wheel bearings in a friend's Honda. The howling noise went away, but now that one noise is gone, we can hear all the other stuff that's worn out.

• Thanks 1