Stalling Problem

Guest TigerHokieFan

Guest tram_bethea

Hey guys, today my Pathfinder decided to quit on me. I noticed it was idling really low at stops, and finally the engine just cut off. Now it will not go unless I constantly give it some gas and keep the rev's up. Yesterday we replaced the air filter and added some STP injection cleaner to it, but other than that, it has not been touched. Any ideas from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Tram

It's probably the electrical connector to the MAF. That's a common problem, and since you changed the air filter, I'd say it's a safe bet. Try starting the truck, then get out, and wiggle the wires to the MAF and see if it improves.....if it does, just try to tighten up the wires. You may have to take the connector apart to do it, but I'm sure someone knows how.

mine kept stalling and idleing really low at stops and puttering when i first got it, so i changed the air filter and fuel filter and i haven't had a problem since.

Guest tram_bethea

We found out it was some oxygen sensor that was screwing it up. Thank you guys for your help.