Questions Regarding- JCGC vs Spacers, Hardbody Shocks for WD21

Alright everybody, I’m new here and have tried to find the answer to my question but can’t seem to. 

Im looking to lift my 1995 Pathfinder about 1.5” to allow a bitore clearance for 31’s. I have a few questions that come along with making that happen and I’m hoping someone can help me out. Here we go…

As far as the rear goes, I’m thinking 1.5” spacers UNLESS someone has a pretty precise length that they cut off JGC coils that yielded them with roughly 1.5” of lift. 

Now for an actual question. Can I use the shocks in the 1.5-2” RC lift kit for a hardbody on my Pathfinder? 

Has anybody done this exact lift on their pathy? If so, give me some feedback about how you like it and how it rides and performs. Any pictures of 1-2” lift results would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, everybody!

-Lucas

:welcome:

I haven't messed with a lift on mine, other than a slight t-bar crank to level it out. I will say however that 31x10.5 was a factory size on these, so you shouldn't need a lift to clear those, assuming you're not running weird offsets.

• 5 months later...

Hi Lucas,

I just installed the D21 hardbody kit from Rough Country on my 1995 XE. Control arms and shocks went in easy, although the lower bushing on the front shocks wasn’t factory spec, but I managed to squeeze it in there. Ordered the Moog CC782 variable spring rate coils from Amazon (fronts for the mid-late 90’s Grand Cherokee) and cut the pigtails off where they lined up with coil diameter. Had enough room to crank up the t-bars without re-indexing. Super easy install, for about 1.5 inches of lift. Put some 31x10.5’s on my factory 15x6 chrome wheels. Plenty of room to spare, no tire rubbing. Looks fine, drives fine.

Not a super cheap way to go, but definitely easy, and very little hassle.

Mick