R50 thermostats.

KingToadR50

Hey, all! I have a quick question. I have a 2001 pathfinder with the VQ35DE, and I was looking into getting a lower temperature thermostat for the front thermostat. I know that this is essentially the same block as what’s in the 350z and G35, but does anyone know if the thermostats are the same dimensions? 

11 hours ago, KingToadR50 said:

Hey, all! I have a quick question. I have a 2001 pathfinder with the VQ35DE, and I was looking into getting a lower temperature thermostat for the front thermostat. I know that this is essentially the same block as what’s in the 350z and G35, but does anyone know if the thermostats are the same dimensions? 

Do you know what temp your current thermostat operates at?  Spec is 170F, but I can tell you that a 170F unit on my 04 has been throwing a CEL for coolant temp being too low.  I had a 180F unit in there previously, did some maintenance items and put a 170F unit it, and it kept throwing codes.  I just put a 180F unit back in the other day and no codes.  That all said, I wouldn't recommended anything lower than 170F per Nissan spec.

However...given that the R50 thermostat also fits a 370Z per RockAuto, and there's a 140F R50 unit that fits a 350Z, and all the housing gaskets crossref to all those models (and many more), I'd say you have options.  The 180F unit I used is also spec'd for VQ40 vehicles.

• Like 1